Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Love my Classroom!

I have had a blast with all my summer classroom projects. Thanks to everyone for the ideas. Here are some pics:) 

My frog welcome signs. I am a little obsessed!


I love the light. My five windows keep the kids energized! 



My reading center is almost complete. I need to fill it with fun games and activities before school. My favorite item is the new seats. I have seen people post about these before. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make them. It was less than $5 per seat. Woo hoo! 

 I have filled the large storage cabinet with games and activities from teacher blogs. Thanks so much! I was able to get them all organized in storage bins this summer. 


My fresh green wall and new plastic bins from Target are my favorites in this section. I will fill the aquarium with Dwarf African Frogs before September. They are simple to take care of and very active. They keep the kids entertained. 


Thanks for checking things out. I had a blast this last month getting ready. Thanks so much for all the great ideas! 

10 comments:

Busy Bees said...

I love your organization of your class. I really love your milkcrate seats. I have seen these a lot lately and need to make some!!
BusyBees

Mrs. Egley said...

Your room looks great. I went into my room this week and took pictures - I hope to get them posted tomorrow. I too am new to the blogger world. I have joined your blog and I would love it if you would join mine too. I will post on my blog about your new blog!! I am anxious to see all of your posts!

Mrs. Egley
Here is my blog name
kindergartenafunplacetobe

Randi Lembke said...

Thanks ladies! I look forward to sharing ideas with you both!

Tanya said...

I love, love your crate seats. What did you use for the seat part?
Tanya

First Grade is Fantabulous!

Randi Lembke said...

Hi Tanya,
I cut a piece of wood to fit the inside lip of the crate. I used some padding from the walmart craft section for cushioning and stapled fabric over the seat. I then stapled the ribbon over so the kids have a handle. They were fun to make!

Jessica said...

Hi there! your room looks great! LOVE those crate seats! How fabulous and CHEAP!!! I am brand new to all this teacher blogging awesomeness and am so excited to share and learn from all you wonderful teachers out here! Please check out my new blog and remember it's a work in progress!

http://preschoolsuperstars.blogspot.com

Thinking in Primary said...

I love your classroom too! My room is soooooooo small. And I love the round tables! And your crate/seats are adorable!


☺Jody

Camp Kindergarten

Stephanie said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower! I found your blog from the Grade Level Linky party. I love your adorable blog layout, especially the cute frog, your HUGE classroom and super-cute seats!

Stephanie
Kinderlicious

Erlyne said...

I love your classroom, too! You are fortunate to have such a large, bright space and such nice furnishings. I'm a little jealous. LOL! Enjoy!

GinaG said...

Are your seats on this page - http://hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-love-my-classroom.html

I LOVE THEM!!! How did you get them "attached" to the crate?! Did you hinge them or are they "sitting" in the crate???