Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Plagiarism in the Elementary Classroom

I have begun my second masters degree program. I am attending Boise State University and working towards a technology integration masters. My first course has covered various topics, including plagiarism. Being a kindergarten teacher, I have not given much thought to the students' side of this subject. I use clipart that is free for educational purposes and site the resources when necessary. However, students should be taught about plagiarism from an early age.

Since kindergarten students cannot/should not navigate through the internet on their own, I decided to gear my recent plagiarism topic towards upper elementary age students. I have created a short movie about plagiarism in the classroom. Feel free to view it if you feel it may be of interest to your class.

This is an important topic, even for young students. Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas!

1 comments:

Lisa (Born to Teach) said...

I actually discuss with my children who are first graders about this topic. Sometimes they come from K and think it is ok to copy the words of a published author and put their name on it as if it is theirs. I spend some time discussing this topic. Thanks for the message and video.